Monday, September 30, 2013

Halloween Fun Mug Rugs from Quilt Never Finished

I started a mystery quilt many moons ago, many Halloweens ago and stuffed in a bag.  Cleaning out the sewing studio brought the bag into the light from a very dark and not long seen spot.  This mystery gone wrong was just waiting to be "updated" into something....hmmm thought I, what would some of this be?  I started ripping apart the blocks/semi rows and discovered fun mug rugs waiting to be sewn.  I thought each grand would like one and I would find a great Halloween glass/mug to send along.  I did not however want to do binding and that is why I LOVE my Babylock Evolve serger and the beautiful edges it does.  Three thread overlock and wala! no binding needed.




 I like these so much I'm now ripping apart the rest and will make them all up to give to people.  I love when things hiding in the dark jump up and scare up something fun and useful.

Happy Haunting


No comments:

Post a Comment